Red Robot Labs, Inc.
Revised: August 24, 2011
If you reside outside the United States, you understand that your Personal Information may be processed in countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
- Information Collection and Use. Red Robot collects Personal Information and Anonymous Information, as described below. We use information that we collect to create your account, fulfill your requests, improve our Site and Service, contact you, conduct research, create reports for internal use, and in the manners described below.
- Collection by Red Robot. Some specific types of information, which may include Personal Information, that Red Robot may collect and use (directly or through our third party service providers) includes the following:
- Device-Specific Information. Device-specific information includes the following information about your mobile device: platform type and version (iOS v4, Android, etc.), hardware and processor type, screen resolution and human readable hardware name. We use this information to select appropriate art for the screen resolution, to identify your account to simplify sign-on, and to determine the hardware requirements of the user base for our games.
- Registration Information. When you register for the Service, we will ask you to create a user ID and may ask for information such as your name, email address, mobile phone number, Twitter® credentials, and Facebook® credentials. When you register with Red Robot and sign in to the Service, you are not anonymous to us. Users of Red Robot games have the capability to search for other users of Red Robot games on Twitter® or Facebook®. We do not store the search information. We may use your Personal Information you submit during the registration process to send you Service-related communications. We may also use such Personal Information to send you electronic newsletters or promotional e-mails, unless you have requested not to receive such promotional communications from us as described below.
- Location Information. In order to use Red Robot games, you must consent to the use of your mobile phone’s location, including the display and disclosure of such location information to other users of the Red Robot games whom you have indicated as your friends. In addition, you may add, identify, or modify location information about real world properties on the Service, referred to as “Spots” on the Service. If you are the first person to add or identify a Spot on the Service, your user name and user profile is disclosed with respect to such Spot. Location information about Spots is available to the public. You understand that if you or any other user adds or identifies your home as a Spot, the location information about your home is disclosed to the public.
- Your Game Play Record. Your game play record includes your user name and user profile, in game actions, connections to other players, Spots added, identified, modified, or played, last played game and score, and other game achievements (for example, high scores) (collectively, the “Game Play Record”). This Game Play Record is automatically created for every user of Red Robot games. This information along with your user name and user profile are used to identify you as a user of Red Robot games and is visible to other users when they access the same Red Robot game or the Service.
- Game-Specific Information. Game-specific information includes information about your use of a specific Red Robot game, including your Game Play Record, the mobile device used to play the game, game features used, Virtual Currencies or Virtual Goods purchased and used, total online game sessions and duration, country code and IP address, for that game (collectively, “Game-Specific Information”). We use Game-Specific Information to understand the your use and preferences with respect to the applicable game and to improve the game and our Service.
- Chat and Discussion-Related Information. This information includes user name and user profile, text and time stamps of the message, and the content of the message. We use this information to moderate forums, chat rooms and instant messaging communications. Information you post in forums, chat rooms and instant messaging communications are publicly available and other people may see it.
- Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods Purchase Information. Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods purchase information includes device ID (including UDID), currency type and exchange rate, country location, product identifier, item ID and quantity, and third party transaction id (such as, but not limited to, Google Checkout). We use this information to store your inventory on our servers so you can later retrieve it on your mobile device; when this inventory changes we record and store the type and quantity of the items that have changed.
- Payment Information. When you pay for any Service, including any Virtual Currency or Virtual Good, or other material offered for purchase on our Site, we collect your name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address, and complete credit card information that enables us to receive your payment. Our payment processing service provider may also retain this information to enable you to purchase additional items through our Site or Service without having to re-enter it each time.
- Twitter and Facebook Credentials. When you connect your Red Robot account to Twitter or Facebook, we collect your Twitter user name/ID or Facebook user name/ID, session key, timestamps and your user profile picture URL provided by Twitter/Facebook, and list of friend ids.
- Invite a Friend. If you decide to invite a third party to create an account with Red Robot, we will collect your and the third party’s names, e-mail addresses and/or phone number, in order to send an e-mail and/or sms text on your behalf to the third party. We send these invites on your behalf and as your service provider. You agree that you and/or your friend are responsible for any text messaging rates that apply. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
- Feedback; Communications. If you provide us Feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information as requested in the survey. Any Feedback you provide will be governed by the Terms of Service. We may use Personal Information submitted in your communications and the surveys to contact and respond to you and otherwise in the same manner as described above for registration information.
- Log File Information. When you register with or view our Site, our servers collect information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other browsing information. This information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and improve the Site and Service.
- Clear Gifs. When you register with or view our Site, we may employ clear gifs, also known as web beacons, which are used to track your online usage patterns. No Personal Information from your Red Robot account is collected using clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to you to track which emails are opened by you. This information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and improve the Site and Service.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure. Red Robot does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other persons or entities, except with your permission, as described above, or under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may provide your information to third party vendors, including third party publishers and other service providers, who work on behalf of Red Robot and need the information to perform services for us. These third party vendors are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by Red Robot.
- Payment Processors. We may provide your credit card and related billing and payment information to third party service providers engaged on Red Robot’s behalf, including payment processors and/or credit agencies, for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment, and servicing your account.
- Anonymous Information. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information at our discretion.
- Opting Out of Marketing. We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site and Service. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Changes and Deletion of Your Data. You may change some but not all of your Personal Information in your account by editing your profile within your account. You can contact Red Robot at any time at email@example.com if you would like Red Robot to delete your record and any associated data, other than data about you that is anonymous. We also need to retain one of the following: your Red Robot user name, user profile, and your email address. Please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
- Security. We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal information, but no company, including Red Robot, can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the internet. For example, your Personal Information may be affected by actions outside of our control, such as computer “hacking” and physical theft. You acknowledge that you provide your Personal Information at your own risk.
- Regarding Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about users who are under the age of 13.
© 2011, Red Robot Labs, Inc. All Rights Reserved.